Are you a dynamic, brilliant and hardworking young African looking for study abroad free scholarship scholarships to pursue undergraduate and master degrees? The Michigan State University (MSU) in partnership with the MasterCard foundation is inviting applications from African students to pursue undergraduate and master degree programmes under full tuition scholarship. About $45 million has been committed to this scholarship which covers 100 undergraduates through a four year programme and 85 post graduates for the master’s programme. Six institutions have been partnered in this programme but the MSU will host majority of the students.
Value of Scholarship:
Special interest is given to students with strong academic background but economically disadvantaged and who show a commitment to giving back to their countries after school. This scholarship extends beyond the financial, academic and social support to providing post graduate support to ensure that selected students graduate with the competencies needed to drive economic advancement and social development in their home countries
This scholarship is open to resident ad citizens of Sub-Saharan African nations who are first time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not allowed to apply. You will need to first apply to MSU in order to validate your scholarship application. Already admitted students cannot apply.
Selection of winners will follow the criteria below:
- Demonstrate the potential to succeed academically as evidenced by your high school reports and transcripts. And must have come from the lowest income bracket in their home countries.
- A commitment to give back to your country/community is key and your extra-curricular engagements should serve as a testimony.
- To be part of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network implies that the person should uphold high ethical standards.
- Students must understand that studying abroad comes with some challenges and uncertainties. Applicant should be able to adapt to different cultures and people, and represent their countries well.
- Hold an undergraduate degree with good academic record as well as demonstrate significant financial need.
- A strong commitment to charting a professional path that will help you make the impact in Africa by contributing to the economic and social advancement of your home nation. Your professional and community engagements should show you interest in this regard.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network upholds ethical behaviour and strong character.
- You should be prepared to adapt to study abroad life, including all the uncertainties and different cultures among other things. This is critical for your success.
Deadlines for applying are:
Undergraduate (January 4, 2016)
Masters (February 1, 2016)
To start application, please click here: Scholarship webpage