The Government of New Zealand, as part of its contributions towards the promotion of higher education globally, presents a number of full tuition scholarship opportunities for international students looking for avenues to pursue full time undergraduate scholarship programmes that will equip them with knowledge and expand their skills to lead big change in the competitive global environment. Two of the major Scholarships been offered are the New Zealand Development Scholarship and The New Zealand Aid Programme. The Government intends to use these opportunities to build the capacity of talented scholars, through the study of relevant subjects so that they can give back economically and socially to their home nations, especially developing nations.
The final deadline for submitting applications is April 15, 2016.
The Scholarship Value
It covers your full tuition fees, a living allowance (given every two weeks), return tickets to New Zealand, Medical and Travel insurance, Establishment allowance, academic and research support and thesis cost for postgraduates.
These scholarships are open to applicants who are 18 years and above, and who are citizens of the country from which they are applying and meet other requirements such as;
- Been a resident of their home nations for at least two prior to applying.
- Do not hold permanent residence permit of European Union Countries.
- Relevant working experience of a minimum of two years( paid, voluntary, full-time or part-time)
- Able to meet the academic requirements and gain admission to a tertiary institution for your proposed programme of study in New Zealand.
- The commitment to pursue programmes that will enhance your capacity to return and contribute economically and socially to the growth of your Home country.
Criteria for selection:
Special preference is given to applicants who demonstrate strong academic capabilities, sound leadership potential and non-negotiable commitment, as evidenced by their extracurricular endeavours, to give back to their countries. Also, preference will be extended to applicants who fall within the ages of 18 and 39.
How to apply
It is very important that you apply to gain admission to one of the ten institutions accredited under this Scholarships scheme using the normal application routine for international students. After gaining admission:
- Download and complete New Zealand Scholarship application form.
- When you fill all the requirements of the application form, add your offer of acceptance letter and other relevant documents and submit via post to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, New Zealand.
- If you are an applicant from China or Timor-Leste, send your application to the New Zealand Embassy Country Office.
Official website for more information