Deadline: Submit applications on or before June 25, 2016
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is currently accepting applications for two internship spots for the year 2016. This internship project hopes to preserve and disseminate culture, heritage and history of Chagga people, who live in the area within a major UNESCO World Heritage site Mount Kilimanjaro; and Maasai living in Ngorongoro, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Each fieldwork site Kilimanjaro and Ngorongoro Conservation Area will be researched by two cultural anthropologists. The teams will consist of an international graduate student and a Tanzanian national graduate student. The project is carried out in cooperation with the Department of Sociology of the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Interns would engage in researching Chagga intangible heritage and cultural elements
- Interns would Document Maasai intangible heritage and cultural elements
- To be eligible for this internship, successful applicants would have a background in cultural anthropology holding BA or MA degree.
- Applicants should have an extensive experience with fieldwork preferably in the context of a global South country.
- Applicants should be experienced in translating field data into quality reports, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
The team will be responsible for conducting interviews among the community members, data collection, interpretation, analysis.
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of Swahili is an asset
Although Interns wont be eligible for financial remuneration, UNESCO would offer a lump sum of 500 USD per researcher to facilitate transport within the locality. The researcher upon the successful delivery and evaluation of the final report receives UNESCO internship certificate.
Procedure Send your CV and cover letter with preferred fieldwork site and reasons for your choice to email@example.com with the SUBJECT: Internship
Click here to apply
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057