lisWAAW foundation’s annual scholarship is a study abroad free scholarship initiative targeted at supporting needy African female stems. Please read the following eligibility criteria before applying for more info. Non qualifying applicants will be automatically deleted from the electronic system.
- Only Female students of African origin, living and studying on the African continent.
- Currently doing an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Clearly demonstrated financial need, and has
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees are not eligible. There no NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirments.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Cell at their university.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to your questions, including a list of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
How to Apply
Your application will include the following:
- Application forms must be filled out completely. The scholarship organization will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER BASED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information will be required on your application.
- Educational background and Family Information should also be included.
- A clear Statement of need fully describing why you need scholarship funds as well as what the funds will be used for if received will be required as part of the application.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
Submitting your application
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online.
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from and emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 1.888.519.4269 or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to u
- For further information or inquiries please email: