UNICEF is now accepting applications for its renowned global internship program. The UNICEF Internship Programme will offer qualified and eligible students at both Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (CO) the wonderful opportunity of acquiring direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work and the United Nations system under the direct supervision of skillful UNICEF staff.
Internships are offered depending on the availability of meaningful assignments and the needs and capacity of units/offices to receive and supervise intern.
The duration of an internship is normally between six and sixteen weeks. The total duration may be extended up to a maximum of six months, when there are special requirements and/or special needs of the receiving division/office.
An interns duty:
- Programme and Policy: Adolescent Development; Communication for Development (C4D); Child Protection; Early Childhood Development; Education; Emergencies; Expanded Programme Immunization; Gender; Health; HIV / AIDS; Human Rights; Innovation; Knowledge Management; Monitoring & Evaluation; Nutrition; Programme Management; Policy Analysis & Planning; Social and Economic Policy; Statistics and Monitoring; WASH
- Operations: Finance and Administration; Human Resource; Internal Audit Management; Information Communication Technology; Legal; Operations and Business Management; Supply / Logistics
- External Relations: Alliances and Resource Mobilization; Communication / External Relations; Private Fundraising and Partnerships; UN and Multilateral Affairs
You are eligible to apply if :
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate (Master’s) degree or undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree and will have completed at least two years of full-time studies towards completion of any undergraduate degree.
- Possess excellent academic performance and can demonstrate same by recent university or other academic institution records.
- proficient in at least one of UNICEF’s working languages (English, French or Spanish) and fluent in the working language of the office you are interested to work.
Deadline: June 30, 2016
The application process is online. When completing your application, do well to indicate the dates you will be available for an internship. Please endeavor e to always keep the information in your profile up-to-date, as the database is being refreshed every year.
For more info, click here