The columbia Business School is currently inviting summer internship applications from outstanding international students to participate in research based projects with leading faculty and researchers in finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics. Note that this program is highly selective and seeks to provide an intellectually stimulating environment that exposes students to the world of business research. .
Interested applicants are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and may require knowledge of a scripting language such Python
-This internship program is open to undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes can considered on a case-by-case basis.
-This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
On campus accommodation plus regular stipend will be provided.
The program runs from May 29, 2016 – August 1, 2016 (final dates to be determined). The Application Deadline is 11:59pm EST on March 1, 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application process is highly competitive, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application should include Resume, Cover letter, and Transcripts. Recommendations are optional – only submit a recommendation from a professor who can attest to your research abilities.
Click here for more information