MOFCOM Scholarships was established by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to provide study abroad free scholarships to talented international students from developing countries of the world. MOFCOM Scholarships will only sponsor young and middle-aged young people from developing countries to undertake their postgraduate and PhD studies in China.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
Applicants are eligible if :
- they are citizens of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and are in good health;
- they possess bachelor’s degree when applying for master’s program;
- they hold a master’s degree when applying for doctoral program;
- these ones are under the age of 45 when applying;
- they are proficient in English or Chinese which satisfies the academic requirements of the program.
Number of scholarships: Several scholarships
Amount of Scholarship:
- Scholarship shall cover tuition fees
- on-campus accommodation will be catered for;
- You will receive regular stipend as shown below:
-3000RMB per month per master student,
-3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- medical insurance
- one-time round-trip international air tickets
Scholarship coverage: Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years.
Eligible Applicants: Only applicants from developing countries of the world
To be taken at (country): Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option. CSC will place each applicant in one university only based on their desired option and universities’ requirements.
Application Deadline: Please submit your application to The Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy in your country. This should do 30th April 2016
Application Requirement (in Chinese or English)
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
How to Apply
- Step 1: Visit csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online for International Students”.
- Step 2: Read “Tips for online application” carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
- Step 3: After registration, log in with your user name and password. Click “Application Forms”and choose “MOFCOM Scholarship”.
- Step 4: Put 00010 as your Agency Number.
- Step 5: Please fill all the required information truly, correctly and completely following the navigation bars on the left of the page.
- Step 6: After completing the application form, please click “Preview” and check your Application Form carefully before submitting it.
- Step 7: Download the completed Application Form by clicking “Download Application”and print two hard copies.
- Step 8: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (two sets of hardcopies) to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office (ECCO) of the Chinese Embassy.
- Step 9: You can make changes to your application by clicking Retrieve Application on the left of the page. But you have to make sure to submit it again by clicking Confirmation of Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be accepted either.
Please go to Scholarship Webpage for more info