The World Bank in partnership with the Government of Japan, hereby informs the international postgraduates community that applications for the 2016/17 Joint Graduate free Scholarship Programme opens, starting February 10, 2016. The Scholarship aims to provide fully funded educational experience for both citizens of Japan and international students to enable them pursue Master’s Degree in development-related fields. Areas such as education, natural resource management, Health, Economics etc. just to mention but a few. It is the hope of the scholarship providers that beneficiaries would return back to their home countries to use their enhanced skills to accelerate economic development.
Application close on March 10, 2016.
Value of Scholarship
Ideally, the Scholarship spans over a period of one year, but where the duration extends beyond, the beneficiary will have the chance to renew, though subject to good academic performance. Recipients of this Scholarship will have these expenses catered for under the scholarship:
- A monthly stipend to expend on Living expenses and books
- The full cost of tuition, Insurance and Medical care are provided by the host University.
- A return flight ticket to the host University at the start of the programme and back to the home country at the end of the programme. In addition, a travel allowance worth $500 will be granted to beneficiaries.
The selection board gives prominence to three criteria; Professional experience, Academic merit, and the relevance of the chosen field of study. Though priority would be given to applicants with previous experience of working in the public sector.
Online application mode
We encourage interested applicants to access the application form on our official website. It is available in English, Spanish and French.
Who qualifies to apply?
Before beginning with your application, please take note of the eligibility requirements below. A suitable applicant must;
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least three years of relevant working experience in a development-related field.
- Be under the age of 45, and possess the citizenship of a World Bank member country.
- Be of sound health, and prepared to enrol this academic fall if selected for the Master’s Scholarship programme.
All partnered Universities where the Scholarship will be offered at, have been duly listed on the website. You are advised to complete the application form fully to enhance your chances of getting selected.
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057