Location: Conference location is Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Date: The conference is taking place from November 19 – 24, 2016.
The IYLC Dubai is a one week life changing experience geared at achieving mutual understanding between participants from The United Arab Emirates, the GCC region and all corners of the globe. Selected participants will be allowed the chance to test their leadership skills, strengthen their cultural awareness, deliver amazing speeches, draft resolutions and make executive decisions. By means of these collective experiences, these participants will learn of the Arab world, Islam, Middle Eastern Cultures and the complexities of the world they live in.
The 9th International Youth Leadership Conference Dubai is NOW OPEN to applications from ambitious University students and graduates aged 18-26, from all over the world seeking to exchange diverse ideas and views concerning global challenges and the future of world leadership.
All received applications will be duly processed on a weekly basis. Accepted participants will receive an electronic Acceptance Package, and will be expected to confirm their attendance at the earliest convenience.
You are eligible to apply if you are a university student, graduate, University official and young leader actively working in Local and International Organizations.
Benefits The IYLC works on three key levels:
- Interpersonal Dynamics of the group developing a group identity, learning to work with a diverse and international group of people.
- Individual Development – challenging ideas, pervious conceptions, engaging with the realities of others, developing skills of leadership, communication, expression of arguments, cultural intelligence.
- Intellectual Development – a pre-requisite of being able to work in the simulations is being able to hold an unwavering understanding of the workings and aims of these organisations. The simulation aims to add to that knowledge and test it in various situations whilst developing key transferable leadership skills.
The participants will also receive a Certification of Achievement from IYLC.
All applications must be submitted online with the form below.
For the purposes of group cohesion, each applicant will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Educational level and area of study.
- Command of English – You do not have to be a native English speaker, however, the IYLC is conducted in English.
- Age – If you are older than 26, please consider attending as an observer.
- Quality of short essays or professor recommendation.
Note that the selection process is one that will ensure relative uniformity of educational levels, while providing for a great level of geographic diversity. All nationalities should actively apply.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057