Deadline: March 1, 2016
Applications are open. Young leaders are invited to apply for the 2016 Global Youth Leaders Certificate programme which is a three-week education programme provided at Coady Institute. Applicants from developing countries from all around the world are entitled to apply for this international youth programme. That said, this program seeks to groom young development practitioners from developing countries to unleash their leadership potential in order to play a pivotal role in driving innovation and change in their organizations and communities.
Please note that this program is for young people between the ages 20-30 years old from developing countries of the world who are currently working on development issues. However, special priority will be given to people with the following qualifications:
- Individuals who possess a minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in social, environmental or economic development in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Applicants who possess a strong desire,passion and propensity to lead change, validated through their exceptional contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Distinguished practitioners in civil society organizations such as: community-based organizations and not-for-profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business; AND
- Applicants who are fluent in both written and oral English.
- Enhance self-knowledge as the foundation of leadership to assist others through change
- Reinforce communication skills which are key to making an effective case for change
- Learn the theory and principles behind citizen-led and asset-based approaches and how to integrate these into your work
- Develop facilitation skills and tools to use in various community development situations
- Strengthen competencies to analyse how different world views influence development and social change
- Develop values and attitudes that nurture a culture of peace and non-violence
- Engage in an analysis of the intersectionalities between power, poverty, health, racism, gender equality and environmental sustainability
- Acquire greater understanding of the complexities and principals involved with multi-sector and multiple-actor collaboration and working in partnerships
- Explore local efforts to create, maintain, and strengthen citizen-led and community-driven development and grassroots campaigns for policy change
- Become connected with a growing network of peers from around the world working for development and social change
- Gain insights into new thinking and innovations in development and social change practice
- Develop vision and leadership approaches which lead to innovation and social change
- Integrate new analysis and strategies into education and organizing for development and social change
- Enhance performance in areas such as gender equality, disability, human rights and the environment
- Contribute to campaigns for changes in social policy and practices
- Connect with regional and transnational networks working toward development and social change
Tuition: Please budget 2,350 CAD for the cost of tuition.
Accommodation and meals: 1,150 CAD should cater adequately for accommodation and meals during your stay.
Total:That said, a total of 3,500 CAD will cover the entire cost of attending this program
Program costs are subject to change.
The program fee includes tuition, accommodations and meals. Successful applicants have the opportunity to scholarships. Participants will learn from and share with local and international activists, development practitioners and volunteers, as well as Coady’s experienced facilitation team. The certificate is timed to finish immediately before Coady’s popular Fall Certificates, so participants can apply to take another program focused on a specific topic.
For more info, click here
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057