The Youth Leadership Summit (YLS) is a funded week-long service leadership training that hopes to create a platform for young people to interact with their counterparts from around the world and build a powerful network of youth service leaders through a collective experience. Not only will accepted particpants engage with and learn from fellow participants, but will grow and discover more about themselves as they catapult into influential leaders under the guidance of experienced SEALNet mentors and alumni from around the region.
This year’s central theme is “Sustainable Service Leadership”.
You are eligible if you
- Recently graduated from high school or are in university.
- Have project ideas and wants to lead a project after the summit.
- Are of Southeast Asian nationalities/ ethnicities.
- Demonstrate strong enthusiasm for Southeast Asian development and community engagement.
- Are active and open-minded with a strong will to interact among others from various backgrounds around the world.
- Possibly have a past involvement with SEALNet
Date: June 26- July 30, 2016
– Successful Participants will participate in various service leadership training
– They will expand their knowledge of Southeast Asia through not only through their peers but also from professionals and experts.
–Participants will experience strong cultural exchange among their counterparts in the region
– They will work with a group of young, dynamic students from various backgrounds
– Develop friendships that go beyond borders and time
– Succcessful scholars should be inspired, committed and ready to lead their own projects after the summit, including a chance to lead a SEALNet summer project in 2017.
Please read the application guideline on the application website before submitting your form. To apply, you need to submit the online application form.
Deadline: Please submit your completed application on or before March 6, 2016
SEALNet’s policy is to cover all the on-site expenses except the travel expenses to Hanoi, Vietnam, where the summit will be held. Thus, you are expected to get to (and leave) Hanoi at your own expense. Once you are there, all food and lodging on the ground will be provided for by SEALNet for the duration of the summit.
Selected participants will be given financial aid in case they require such assistance with travel expenses.
For more information, please Visit Official Page
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057