OFID has been supporting the One Young World conference and has enabled 100 young leaders from around the world to participate in One Young World Summit since 2011. This year, OFID will officially sponsor twenty successful applicants to participate in the One Young World Summit 2016 which takes place in Ottawa, Canada from 28 September – 1 October 2016.
- Accepted applicants will have access to the One Young World Summit 2016 in Ottawa, Canada;
- There will be hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 28 September and 1 October provided for participants;
- Free catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Transportation to and fro the summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Free summit hand-outs and support materials;
- The cost of travel to and from Ottawa.
- You are eligible to apply if you are aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the listed eligible countries.
|Algeria||Guatemala||Nigeria||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Botswana||Iraq||Palestinian Territory, Occupied||Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Congo, The Democratic Republic of||Malawi||Rwanda||Zambia|
Successful candidates will excel in the following areas:
- Evidenced commitment to the sustainable development of their country. This commitment can come in many forms; ranging from a high level of involvement in community initiatives to social entrepreneurship or from leading; responsible business practices to public service;
- Leadership ability;
- Concern for local or global issues;
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas;
Submit an online application in English before midnight 5 August. If you already have a One Young World candidate profile, you do not need to create a new application to apply for this scholarship, you will be considered for it automatically.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057