Application Deadline: Submit your applications on or before 15 November 2016
Eligible Countries:You are eligible to apply if you are Nigerian citizens
Scholarship Info: You are eligible to apply for the Jim Ovia scholarship if you are an undergraduate or graduate student in a recognized Nigerian University. The Jim Ovia Scholarship Program is formerly The Mankind United to Support Total Education (MUSTE) Scholarship. Qualified and eligible candidates will be supported throughout their undergraduate or graduate programs for the duration of their programs.
Eligible Courses: All programs taught at Nigerian universities
The Jim Ovia Scholarship Program was set up since 1998. The scholarship fund is fully funded by Mr. Jim Ovia to provide financial support to outstanding Nigerian youths. The scholarship fund was formerly known as the MUSTE scholarship. Since October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested over 100 Million Naira in the program to support 1500 beneficiaries and counting.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities.
Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
Scholarship Type: undergraduate and graduate degrees
This scholarship fund is open to all students who hail from Nigeria with Nigerian citizenship. One hundred (100) candidates will be selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship
Value of Scholarship: Scholarship covers tuition fee and maintenance allowances.
Duration of Scholarship: for the period of the program
Deadline: Open from 15 September 2016 to 15 November 2016
How to Apply
- Go to jimoviafoundation.org. Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top right hand corner of the homepage
- Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account
- Between September 15 and November 15 when the scholarship application form becomes available, you can begin your application. Ensure to fill out all the data completely and accurately on your application.
- Fill out and complete your completed online application
- Applicants should possess valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License). However, only minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) from your school/Head of Department stating the following: – Your full-name – Course Title – Department of Study – CGPA – Gender – Matriculation number OR Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- You need to submit your Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- f)A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
Click here to apply