Scholarship Brief: Applications are currently invited for the 2016 Dell Young Leaders Programme for South Africans. It is believed that Dell Young Leaders will contribute positively to South Africa’s overall economic development as the next generation of highly skilled professionals.
Application Deadline: Deadline not given
Eligible Countries: Only candidates who hail from South Africa
Eligible Courses: All courses available at the university
About the Award: Dell Young Leaders are high achieving first-generation South African university students who demonstrate resilience and huge potential to become leaders in their chosen fields.
Every academic year, about 100 Dell Young Leaders are selected from across the University of Cape Town and University of Pretoria. Each Dell Young Leader receives financial support and wrap-around services that help to level the playing field for these first-generation university students. Students who make it to the programme usually begin the university with insurmountable odds, but have demonstrated a track record of overcoming adversity and while developing their leadership potential. After receiving individualized academic and psychosocial support, as well as holistic work readiness training, graduates will leave the programme fully prepared and ready to defy the odds, secure employment and position themselves for long term success.
- You are eligible to apply if you are in your first year of study at the University of Pretoria and University of Cape Town.
- Note that Financial aid students are nominated by the respective institutions for the bursary, and students are then invited to apply to the programme.
Selection Criteria: Each Dell Young Leader is an extraordinary individual, yet there are commonalities among all students in the programme.
- They are first-generation university students from deeply disadvantaged communities and simply being accepted into university is an enormous accomplishment. But Dell Young Leaders are accustomed to overcoming adversity.
- Successful candidates would embody resilience and persistence.
- They love their communities and seek to improve them.
- They are fully committed to South Africa and look to become leaders in their chosen fields.
Number of Awardees: Not known
Value of Programme:
- The Dell Young Leaders Programme helps close the gap between employer expectations and higher education outcomes by empowering university students with the training and tools that will lead them to more successful professional careers.
- In addition to financial support and academic training from top-tier universities, Dell Young Leaders receive individualized support to help navigate their way through unique scenarios, through customized services or technology solutions, on-campus support staff or Dell Young Leader peer supporters.
Duration of Programme: Duration of course from the 1st year
How to Apply: For further details on the Dell Young Leaders Programme, please contact our offices at University of Pretoria and University of Cape Town
University of Cape Town: Tel: 021-650 4147
University of Pretoria Tel: 012-420-4874
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476