Every year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supported by the German Government provide young professionals from developing countries with a huge variety of scholarships to pursue internationally recognized Master’s programs in relevant Postgraduate courses at German Universities
Eligible courses: Currently, postgraduate courses are offered in the fields listed below:
- Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
- Development Co-operation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional Planning
- Agriculture and Forest Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine
- Social Sciences and Education
- Media Studies
The programme is taught exclusively in English.
Scholarship level: Only Internationally recognized Master’s degrees
Eligibility: An interested candidate should possess the following:
Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
Selection criteria and procedures for DAAD scholarship recipients ensure that:
- priority target candidates have proven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings (motivation, commitment to development),
- the candidates have the professional and academic qualifi cations necessary to ensure successful completion of the degree programme in Germany (fi nal scores on previous academic examinations, language skills),
- women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for programme admission..
Number of Scholarships: a number of DAAD scholarships will be awarded
Value of Scholarship: A number of full and partial scholarships are available
Duration of Scholarship: 12-24 months depending on the institution you are admitted into for 2017/2018 Academic year
- Deadline at the German Embassy: 31 July 2016.
- Deadline at the University varies between August and October 2016. Please check the relevant deadlines of the universities in the DAAD Brochure.
How to Apply
DAAD application forms are available on the DAAD website.
Applications have to be sent to the respective course directly!
For more info, click here
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057