The Australian Government Postgraduate Research Scholarship is currently accepting applications from international students. This scholarship is specifically for highly motivated and outstanding international students who would like to pursue their postgraduate studies in Australia. The tuition fees and health fees will be duly covered by the scholarship scheme.
Every year, the Australian government gives out lots of scholarships to international students to study in Australia. This year, a total of 330 postgraduate research scholarships will be awarded to qualified international students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be termed as international students and should meet international student visa requirements as specified by the department of immigration and citizenship plus the requirement to purchase maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Applicants are expected to be commencing full time enrollment for the first time in a HDR at an eligible scholarship provider in Australia.
- Must undertaking study in a subject area identified by the provider as one of its areas of research concentration .
- Must not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree
- Applicants should not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the IPRS
- Must not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
This scholarships will be awarded to applicants who desire to pursue masters by research degree or doctorate by research degree in Australia.
The IPRS scheme will cover full tuition fees and health cover costs for all accepted scholarship holders and their dependents. The annual funds total of $20m.
Applications for the IPRS must be made directly to the participating Australian universities and HEPs. HEPs determine the selection process by which scholarships are allocated to applicants. Applicants are advised to contact the University of their Choice to discuss how to apply for the IPRS scheme. To apply click here to access the scholarship page for more information on how to apply.
Note that the application deadline varies among universities but is usually from May until October of every year. Do well to contact a specific institution for a specific deadline
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057