Scholarship deadline: 31st March 2016
Location Destination: Please note that this scholarship can be taken at any participating higher institution in the Asian and Pacific Regions.
Scholarship Type:This is a full postgraduate Scholarship.
The Government of Japan is delighted to offer ADB-Japan scholarships program to international students during the 2016/2017 academic session. These scholarships will be awarded to pursue postgraduate studies. It will provide well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries the opportunity to pursue distinguished postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating and licensed academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ADB borrowing member (note that applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Applicants should have gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an approved academic institution.
- Applicants should possess bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with sterling academic grades.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Applicants should not be more than 35 years old at the time of this application.However, In exceptional cases, programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers would have the age limit pushed to 45 years old.
- Applicants should be In good health.
- Must agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
The ADB-JSP scholarship will cover the following:
- full tuition for the duration of the postgraduate course.
- a monthly stipend plus housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel costs
- Accepted scholars engaged in research will receive a special grant for thesis preparation.
Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s). Interested applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation.
Submit applications for scholarships at least six months to the planned time that applicants wish to commence studies. Please check the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions .
If you have any question regarding ADB-Japan Scholarship Program, please Visit Official Page for more information.