The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a study abroad free/full scholarship established for Nigerians to study abroad in top universities of the world. PTDF is under the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the sole aim of developing and promoting petroleum technology and providing the manpower needed to man the oil and gas industry through the training young Nigerian professionals.
To ensure a well structured implementation of this goal, PTDF is currently accepting applications from dully qualified students for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD Scholarships. Please note that scholarships will be available for studies in the 2016/2017 academic session in the following contries: United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS MSC & PHD APPLICANTS
- MSc (OSS And LSS)
- Please note that to be eligible for this scholarship, you must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate is a requirement.
- Interested applicants are expected to be computer literate.
- Interested applicants must have O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants shouldn’t be older than 30 years.
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA).
- R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA).
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).
- PhD (OSS And LSS)
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must include their masters degree project.
DOCUMENTS TO SCAN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate(PhD Applicants only).
- Admission Letter(PhD Applicants).
- Birth Certificate.
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil and Gas Industry
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil & Gas Industry
- Assets Management(Engineering Asset Management)
- Basin Evolution and Dynamics
- Control System And Applied Instrumentation
- Design of Rotating Machines
- Diving and Under Water Technology
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Remote Sensing
- Fire and Explosion Engineering
- Flow Assurance
- Fluid Mechanics and Energetic(France)
- Health Safety and Environmental
- Hydraulic Engineering(France)
- International Shipping
- Marine computational Fluid Dynamics
- Maritime Operation
- Offshore and Ocean Technology
- Offshore Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering(UK, UNSW, Australia)
- Pipeline Engineering
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Refinery Design and Operations
- Renewable Energy Engineering(UNSW – Australia)
- Subsea Engineering
- Thermal Power(Gas Turbine Option)
- Geothermal Engineering (Germany)
- Mechatronics and Mechanical Systems Engineering(USP – Brasil, Germany)
- Naval and Ocean Engineering (USP, Brazil)
- Mining and Petroleum Engineering(USP, Brasil)
- Production Engineering(USP, Brasil)
- Systems Engineering and Engineering(Germany)
- Geology and Petroleum Geology (Germany)
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology(Germany)
- PhD – Priority Research Areas
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
- Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
- Marginal Fields Development.
- Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
- Geology and Petroleum Geology.
- Civil and Marine Engineering.
- Renewable Energy.
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
- Refining Technology.
- Ship Building and Marine Technology
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- RECIPIENTS OF A SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIP NEED NOT APPLY.
- APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY POSSESS A MASTER’S DEGREE SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR MSC PROGRAMME, BUT ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE PHD.
- CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31st OCTOBER 2015.
To apply, click here: http://ptdf.esms.cinfores.com/#
For more info: http://ptdf.esms.cinfores.com/index.php
For more information about our services including guest post and advertising on this blog, kindly reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org