The Shell Scholarship for Undergraduate Nigerian Students plying their trade in Nigerian Universities is a study abroad free scholarship for students interested in studying free in Nigeria. These scholarships will be awarded in two categories specified below: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award, East or West (OE or OW).
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme will offer first year students in all Nigerian universities the grand opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course work. The programme seeks to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Accepted Courses: All the Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
Who is qualified to apply?
Eligible Applicants must: ·
- Applicants must only be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited/recognized and approved university in Nigeria.
- Applicants must have gotten admission during the 2013/2014 academic session, and are currently pursuing a first degree programme.
- Applicants must have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2013/2014 NM Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas). Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2013/2014 OE Application.
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Delta and Bayelsa (from Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government Areas) States. Applications must be sent in writing using the format below only and sent in an envelope clearly marked 2013/2014 OW Application.
Number of Scholarships: Several
Scholarship Value: Annual scholarship from the SPDC JV for the full duration of one’s course
Duration of Scholarship: For full duration of the course
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Scholarship Country: Nigerian Universities only
Application Dealine: Applications should be submitted online before 18th of September 2015.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online, and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OE & OW). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Sustainable Development (UIO/G/NRS), Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
For more information about our services including guest post and advertising on this blog, kindly reach us on email@example.com