‣ Number of Awards: Not Indicated
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not indicated
‣ Scholarship Value: The Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarships are fully funded scholarships provided by the Government of Japan, and are available for only the following benefits:
- Fully covered air travel between your country and the host university at the beginning of your academic program and usually a return journey ticket following the completion of the scholarship study. Additionally, you will also receive a US $500 travel allowance for each air travel;
- The full cost of your tuition for your graduate program as well as the total cost of primary medical insurance would be fully provided for successful applicants.
- Note that a monthly subsistence allowance to take care of living expenses such as cost of books will be taken of. However, the amount of the allowance would depend on the applicants host country.
- There are however significant exceptions to this scholarship;The JJ/WBGSP scholarship would not cover: expenses for the successful scholar’s family, extra-curricular training, language training would not br provided by the graduate program scholarship, additional travels during the course of the study program, expenses related to academic research, supplementary acadmic materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internship opportunities .
- Note: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship may only supplement, and does not duplicate, any other source of financial support/fellowship you might have. If selected as a finalist or if you are awarded a scholarship, you must inform the J/WBGSP if you have other sources of scholarship funds. The JJ/WBGSP stipend may be withdrawn completely or partially if during the scholarship period the Program has evidence of additional sources of support.
To be eligible for the Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarships , the applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria:
‣ Applicants must be nationals of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow.
‣ Applicants must not be a dual citizen of any industrialized country.
‣They must not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultant, relative or in-law of the aforementioned positions.
‣Interested applicants must hold a Bachelors degree (or equivalent university degree) earned before 2012.
‣ Have at least 3 years of development-related experience since earning a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree)
‣ Have, by the notification of the scholarship award, been accepted unconditionally (except for funding) to enroll in the upcoming academic year in one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university masters programs that is listed on the JJ/WBGSP website, that is located outside of the applicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence.
‣ Be in good health, as certified by a medical doctor, with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the masters program.
Selection Criteria for Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarships
‣ JJ/WBGSP uses the following review process to evaluate completed applications, with the aim to identify truly worthy candidates with the most potential after completion of their graduate study to impact change in their country.
‣ Note that two qualified evaluating panels independently review each eligible application and score the application on a scale 1 to 10, taking into account four main factors and the degree of cohesion among them:
- Quality of Professional Experience
- Quality of Professional Recommendations
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country
- Quality of Education Background
Notification for Joint Japan-World Bank Graduate Scholarships
‣ All successful applicants will be informed by email from the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program by mid-July, 2015.
‣ On or before mid-July, 2015, they will post an announcement when all selected scholars have been informed. The program will not be informing unsuccessful applicants.
tudents of developing countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. of, Congo, Rep. of, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haití, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR of, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, F.S., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) . – See more at: http://www.scholarshipsbar.com/joint-japan-world-bank-graduate-scholarships.html#sthash.FKpgnbdI.dpuf
Scholarship Application Method
There are two ways eligible citizens of developing countries can choose to apply for this scholarship:
‣ For scholarships to one of partner masters programs, please first apply to at least one of our partner university masters programs. The university will send the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat a short list of eligible candidates that have been accepted by the partner program, and the JJ/WBGSP Steering Committee will award scholarships to a subset of the short-listed applicants.
‣ For scholarships to one of preferred masters programs, you need to apply to the university to get accepted into the program and also apply directly to JJ/WBGSP for the scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 19, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057