The African Leaders of Tomorrow (ALT) Scholarship Program is a fully funded study abroad scholarship for both African men and women to undertaken a fully paid masters degree program in Finance and business management. This scholarship will be undertaken at a renowned university in Canada.
This scholarship program is made possible through the financial support of the Government of Canada through the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD), and The MasterCard Foundation.
The ALT Scholarship Program has two components:
- An academic component where the recipient of the scholarship will complete a one to two year Master’s level program in public administration, public policy or public finance at a Canadian university;
- A professional development component where the recipient of the scholarship will complete a comprehensive professional development plan which will include the development of a case study focusing on their home country, as well as exposure to Canadian knowledge, innovation and best practices in public administration and policy through mentoring, webinars and networking events.
2016 Competition (for study programs starting in September 2016) is open from September 8, 2015 to November 2, 2015.
The ALT Scholarship Program is managed by CBIE, in partnership with IPAC and in collaboration with AAPAM:
Eligible candidates with complete files will be assessed against the following criteria by a national selection committee:
- Academic excellence;
- Professional work experience;
- Relevance and merit of the case study;
- Recommendation letters from teachers;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity; and
- Potential contribution to public administration and public policy upon the candidate’s return to his/her home country.
In awarding the scholarships, considerations will be given to gender equity and equitable representation from across sub-Saharan Africa.
This scholarship will cover your tuition fees, accommodation plus:
- Return airfare (at the beginning and at the end of the program)
- Monthly living allowances and one time installation allowance
- Fixed allowance to cover purchase of books and attend conferences in Canada
- Health insurance coverage
- Fees for study permit
For more info, click here to apply:
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057