The Irena Scholarship is offered by United Arab Emirate (UAE) to international student to enable them pursue a Master’s degree program in Science at the Abu Dhabi MASDAR Institute of science and technology. Academic session commences 2015-2017
The Irena scholarship is an initiative of the government of UAE to promote academic excellence and talent, and acquaint prospective students with the recent developments in renewable energies. A total of 20 scholarships shall be awarded in the following under-listed courses;
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Water and Environmental Engineering
- Computing and Information Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Power Engineering
- Microsystems Engineering
- Engineering systems and management
To qualify for the scholarship, applying students must meet the requirements below;
- An undergraduate degree information technology, engineering or science from any reputable University
- Not less than a CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale
- Proficiency in oral and written English, with a minimum of 91 score in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS
- Not less than 700 score (or 155 on the current scale) in quantitative GRE test
- Excellent past academic record
- Acquired relevant knowledge in energy with relevant work experience an added advantages
- Specialization in a Master’s degree program
- Students from developing countries shall be given special consideration
N.B Students from all country are eligible but those from developing countries shall be given preferences
What Scholarship covers
Tuition fees, upkeep, transportation, insurance and accommodation, textbooks and laptops etc.
Awardees shall also enjoy first-hand information from industry professionals on renewable energies.
Length of scholarship
Deadline for applying
Application commenced November 2014 and shall run till 31st May 2015. Students are encouraged to apply some days before deadline.
Method of Application
All applications are to be done online. Required document which can be found on MASDAR website are to be sent electronically before the deadline. [adsenseyu1]
For further enquiries please visit
N.B: When applying, key in “IRENA” after your passport number e.g 12345 – IRENA. If this is not available, it means student is exempted from the IRENA scholarship but can apply for the regular Scholarship. Scholars shall be selected based on academic achievements a degree of meeting selection criteria.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476